Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Reese's spreads

This is a funny time of year to be reviewing a product like this, what with all the resolutions folks are still successfully clinging to but I recently received a Voxbox from Influenster containing a jar of Reese's spread and I desire to unleash my opinion of it upon you!





Now, I generally try to keep my family on a healthy diet but we do indulge in the occasional treat, such as a Reese's peanut butter cup. In the case of my 18 year old, he recently "indulged" in 2 half-pound Reese's cups - and by indulged I mean decimated.








Anyhoo, this Reese's spread is all the yummy chocolate peanut butteryness that you expect from a Reese's cup but in a spreadable format. I didn't expect the spread to hold true to the flavor of a Reese's cup but it absolutely does and is super yummy when spread on all types of things - which would be really difficult to do with a Reese's cup!



I am one of those weirdos who doesn't like hazelnuts so I find Nutella icky but a little spoonful of this spread is Oh So Yummy!

As you can imagine, I had a lot of "quality assurance testers" forcing their assistance upon me and we came up with several delightful conduits for the spread, the favorite being a spoon (or finger before I caught them and put an end to that).
We tested the spread on: apple slices (good), banana slices (The Elvis: delicious), frozen banana slices (Frelvis: even better), bread (eh), pretzels (what's not to like), and the aforementioned spoons/fingers. I can see this being yummy on vanilla ice cream or even as a cake filling or frosting.



I believe the cost of a 13 oz jar of this beauty is around $3.50. It's really bad for you but it tastes so stinkin' good! That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment